Intellectual Property (IP) “relates to the creations of the mind: inventions, literary and artistic works, as well as symbols, names and images used in commerce”. It includes two categories of creations:
- Industrial Property, which covers invention patents, utility models, brands and logos, industrial designs, geographical indications and industrial secrecy.
- Copyright, which includes literary works, movies and music; artistic works such as paintings, sculptures, etc.; software, and architectural designs.
Benefits of investing in Intellectual Property:
- It capitalizes the value of the developments by recognizing them in the accounting balances.
- It provides a differentiating value to the image of the company identifying itself as an innovative and technological company.
- It allows obtaining financing for fixed assets and the potential to generate business and company wealth.
- It allows businesses with intangible assets derived from rights to be protected by IP.
- It ensures the rights held over developments and innovations, while maintaining control over them.
- It is a useful business asset to obtain financing.
- It has the possibility of obtaining subsidies to cover its costs
We break with the traditional idea of seeing the registration of intellectual property as an expense. We focus on making it a strategic asset for your business, providing real value to your company and allowing its expansion in an orderly and sustainable way in the long term.